One-Pan Spaghetti with a Smoky Tomato Sauce
- Heat a large fry pan with a medium heat and add in 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Meanwhile, finely dice 1 medium sized onion and roughly chop 5 cloves of garlic
- After heating the olive oil for 4 minutes, add in the diced onion & chopped garlic, mix with the olive oil, after 4 minutes and the onion is translucent, add in 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika and mix together, then add in one 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce, one 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, 1 tsp dried thyme, a pinch of sea salt, black pepper and a dash of white sugar, mix together and simmer
- After simmering for 4 minutes and the tomato sauce has slightly thickened, add in 2 cups vegetable broth and pinch in 1/4 tsp saffron threads, turn up the heat to a high heat, mix together and bring to a boil, then add in 8 oz uncooked spaghetti, mix every minute so all the noodles are coated in the broth and they don´t stick to each other, after 8 minutes and most of the broth has been absorbed, place a lid on the pan and lower the fire to a low-medium heat
- After simmering for 3 to 4 minutes and there is virtually no broth left, remove the pan from the heat, mix the spaghetti around so it´s evenly coated in the sauce, then finely grate some manchego cheese over the spaghetti and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley, enjoy!